Here is a world map.
It indicates which countries have people who visit this blog to read a Bible story, play a Bible game, or look at a summer tip.
Wouldn't it be nice to visit their country?
This week our summer tip will help us take a vacation in another country, while staying at home.
What you will need:
A map of the world
Library books/ Internet access
1. Look at your world map. Choose the country you would like to take a vacation
2. Go to the library to find a books you can read about the country. Be sure the book includes information sports and food. Or go to a website like: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/
3. Write in your journal the name of the country you chose, two sports the people enjoy and two recipes you found in the book or on the web site.
4. Show your guardian the recipe. If the ingredients are inexpensive and can be found in your local store, perhaps you could make the food you chose.
5. Gather family members or neighbor kids to play the game you chose. If you chose Germany, a sport you might play would be fussball. Fussball is soccer. If you chose China you might do gymnastics.
6. Use your information to set up an Olympic game. Pick six events that your country participates. For example: Canada, downhill skiing, USA skating, Switzerland, bobsled. Did you notice I suggested winter sports? Can you find a way to downhill ski, skate, or bobsled in the summer? Cardboard, ice cubes, wheels, and other objects can be used to make what you need.
Caution: be sure to wear a helmet and other protective gear. Also have an adult present.
To get into your country you might need a passport.
For this vacation to a foreign country you can make a pretend passport, (sorry, this is not a real passport :) )
Print out this page.
Cut out the passport
Fold a sheet of construction paper in half-like a card.
Glue the picture on the paper.
Put a picture of the country you chose in the circle.
Put the name of the country you chose in the box.
On the inside of your passport draw pictures of games, food, and special places to visit from your country.
Food: Poori--this is a fried flatbread
Special Place: Taj Mahal
So, what country did you choose? What sport did you play? What food did you make?